Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A More Relaxed Setting




One of the things I love about Spring Training is that I have less distractions and less restrictions when shooting the games and the workouts. I can walk freely just about anywhere during the workouts, drills and batting practice as long as I'm careful.
The picture of catcher Jason LaRue was right before the game and the pitcher was getting ready to warm up. I asked Jason to hold still for a second and then let him get back to work. I underexposed the shot to darken the background and held a flash to the side to light his face.
For the Pujols photos I sat on the ground behind a screen near first base. This allowed me to be basically be in front of Albert instead of the side which is usually all we see of the hitters. It was interesting that I had a harder time getting the timing down of Albert's swing, I usually watch his shoulders which are harder to see move when I'm in front of him. I can only imagine how hard it is for an infielder to react.

No comments: